Short Stops

Monday, June 30, 2008

Things I've started to write about lately but haven't finished:

1.) A discussion of my top 5 favorite covers, which basically turned into a discussion about all the reasons I love CocoRosie's cover of Kevin Lyttle's "Turn Me On."

2.) A Last.fm survey all about my top 50 most listened to artists, with questions of the "what was the first song you heard by..." "how did you discover..." and "what is your favorite song by.." variety.

3.) A return the covers entry, talking about sacred artists no one should ever cover, Cyndi Lauper & working class girls in the 80s, and The Acorn's cover of "Good Enough."

4.) Reasons I wish Michelle Obama would run for president.

5.) An entry about big transits and retrograde periods we're entering into astrologically, and how they may affect everyone.

So see, it's not like I've forgotten you guys or am short on ideas- I just seem to have an incredibly low tolerance for "hearing" myself talk and always stop before I finish.

What sort of things do you guys want to read about here, anyway? Anything in particular? I've got a lot of time on my hands, being all pregnant and immobile and whatnot.

2 comments:

elle indsay said...

i like "hearing" your online voice. :) all your potential entries sound good to me! the covers entry sound especially rad, & i'm curious about what you have to say regarding michelle obama. i mean, i'm curious about the astrology too, but it seems sort of endlessly complicated to me considering how little i know about it and how much deeper your studies have been.

and of course i like hearing about your life & the baby!

Cait! said...

Thanks, Linzer! I've just been so sick of my own thoughts, seeing as I hang out with myself alone WAY WAY more than I'm used to. I've gone back to work on the Cyndi Lauper entry TWICE and still haven't made it to the end, haha. Knowing that you guys seriously care, though, is a huge boost. I'm just glad to be writing (anything) again! <33333

 
Not So Awful - by Templates para novo blogger