The Great Renovation: Nursery Finished!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The nursery has been finished for a few weeks, actually, but I wanted to wait until after my baby shower when it was full of things to show it in it's completion. Considering our incredibly limited budget, I'm pretty proud of how it came out. Thanks to my family and teamwork in general, we pulled off a dream nursery way, way beyond my expectations.



Overall; it's hard to get a picture of the entire room at once, but this is the general gist.


The baby's bookcase- he has two additional BOXES of books in the closet because he comes from a long, long line of enthusiastic bookworms who've all bought him book upon book. We're also classic children's book appreciators- note the Very Hungry Caterpillar book with stuffed caterpillar, the first of what will soon be an extensive Dr. Seuss collection, and the Madeline hand puppet.


Close-up of the mural my father painted, shooting off into unknown realms from Changing Table Rocket Base.


Now all we need is the final touch- an actual human baby! At my appointment today I was informed that I'm dilating at a healthy pace and, now that I'm 37 weeks along, could potentially and safely go in to labor at any time. It's really happening!! Can you even believe it?

4 comments:

Sarah Lynn Knowles said...

looks great! and im psyched your son's gonna be down with madeline. :)

Benjamin Kalish said...

I love the rocket ship!

laura said...

the nursery is looking pretty awesome! i love the blue, it's so bright and cheerful.

Cait! said...

@ Sarah: Oh YEAH he is, and the scary hand puppet version to boot.

@ Ben: Thanks, you! My dad is a secret genius artist!

@ Laura: Thank you! We wanted to go for bright more than pastel- somehow I just don't feel like any half-me baby would be a pastel baby, you know? :D

 
Not So Awful - by Templates para novo blogger