Astrology Friendship Bracelets!

Monday, November 3, 2008

I only recently discovered the "alchemy" section on Etsy; it's a part of the website where you can post an idea and people bid on creating it for you. So I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered four things; one is a christmas present for Renee that I can't detail here yet (sorry, Nay!) and the other three are woven & embroidered bracelets detailing my, Davey & Renee's Sun, Moon & Ascendant signs. I just got word that they're finished and was so excited by the pictures that I had to post about them.

Here is the general idea: each bracelet (made by the marvelous Kerry over at Pookietown) is made up of stripes of three colors, and each color is associated with each of the signs in our respective "Big Three's." For example:

My Sun, Moon & Ascendant are in Aries, Capricorn and Gemini. My bracelet (below) has stripes in crimson (Aries), navy (Capricorn) and pale yellow (Gemini). Within the bracelet, the symbols for each sign are hand embroidered in the SECOND color associated with those same signs: white (Aries), charcoal (Capricorn) and pale blue (Gemini)! I was actually sort of shocked by how well the colors all looked together since they (like my chart) sounded like sort of a mismatched mess.



I knew that Davey's bracelet was going to be especially beautiful when I sent Kerry the colors; he is a Sagittarius Sun (royal blue & purple), Cancer Moon (white & silver), and Gemini Ascendant (pale yellow & pale blue).



Renee is a Taurus sun (russet & turquoise), Scorpio Moon (red & black), and Capricorn Ascendant (charcoal and navy blue). Her colors mesh together surprisingly well too!




Beautiful, aren't they? And each bracelet cost less than ten bucks! Amazing!

3 comments:

Sarah Lynn Knowles said...

WHOA. youre telling me i can come up with any kind of fantastical idea in the whole world and put it up on etsy & people will fight over who gets to create my insane creation?? this is opening up a whole world of opportunity to me that i may or may not handle wisely.

M. Dennis said...

OH MY GOD I WANT ONE!!! ALL CAPS!

I wonder what a Libra-Aquarius-Virgo bracelet looks like.

Cait! said...

@ Sarah: YES that it totally what I am telling you! I don't know why it took me so long to tap into it; I never have to spend hours and hours looking for the right christmas present(or homemade pipe-bomb) EVER AGAIN.

@ M: Ooooh, Libra-Aquarius-Virgo!!!! You're in good company being a Libra/Aquarius, you and Tom Petty, Les Claypool (from PRIMUS!!), and John Lennon! I'm not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed that I know that off the top of my head, haha. We also both share the distinct "pleasure" of having the most difficult moon placements out there, Aqua & Cappy respectively. Lucky us, heh.

Here's your colors:

Libra: ivory & rose
Aquarius: light blue & turquoise
Virgo: lilac & brown

sounds like it would be pretty beautiful!

 
Not So Awful - by Templates para novo blogger